Hello! I am Polina, an illustrator who enjoys creating whimsical art and expressive characters. After a long journey of experimenting with various media, I now specialize in watercolour. I also use digital tools for sketching and editing my illustrations.
Since early childhood, I loved art and enjoyed creating imaginary worlds. My main sources of inspiration were classic fairy tales, folklore, nature and animals - both real and mythical.
I got my first degree in my home country of Russia in Linguistics and Intercultural Communication. But since art still played a huge role in my life, I knew I wanted to pursue an artistic career.
I received my dream degree in the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, USA, where I majored in Illustration.
I now live in Switzerland. Aside from art, I find great joy in taking forest walks, bird-watching, reading and drinking tea. I am also an active member of the SCBWI community.
I am represented by Lemonade Illustration Agency
Sep 2015 - Dec 2017: Academy of Art University, San Francisco, USA
BFA, cum laude, Illustration
Oct 2013 - Jan 2015: Özyeğin University, Istanbul, Turkey
BFA, Communication Design (completed 1,5 years of study of the four-year Bachelor Degree program)
Sep 2008 - June 2013: Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University, Pyatigorsk, Russia
BFA and MA, Linguistics and Intercultural Communication
Credits and Awards:
- 2022 KidLit411 Banner Contest: Honourable Mention, June 2022
- Interview for "Words and Pictures" (SCBWI British Isles online magazine), August 2021
- SCBWI Spring 2021 Bulletin: spot illustration selected, May 2021
- SCBWI Fall 2020 Bulletin: spot illustration selected, October 2020
- Academy of Art University Spring Show: 2 artworks selected, San Francisco, May 2018
- Academy of Art Float at the Chinese New Year Parade: mascot illustration, San Francisco,
- Academy of Art University Spring Show: 8 artworks selected, May 2016
- Awarded with art workshops in Rome for High Honour Students, funded by Özyeğin University Professional Development Department and Architecture and Design Faculty, 2014